Saturday, July 16, 2011

GK Portrait of the Daughter update



I have not lost my stitching mojo for this piece, it seems to have captured me again :)
She is really coming to life and isn't a difficult stitch. She has large patches of solid stitching which fill in quickly. I actually did some online research on this painting, it has an interesting background. It was painted by Rembrandt Peale who was born into an artistic family in Pennsylvania(hence the name given him). He painted many pictures of American Presidents, as well as his own family members. This particular portrait is his daughter, Rosalba Peale, who appears with her sisters in other paintings as well.
I've now stitched almost 8 out of approx 30 pages (some partial). I've included the pattern pic as well for comparison.


7 comments:

  1. Wow she is so real. Great work.
    Mireille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she's looking great. Look at all the detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really is the same! well done on your progress she will be stunning when she is done

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful piece of work ....i am speakless....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, Ana! That shadow at under the curl of her hair is.... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing piece. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete